Take a Cruise with Santa
Enjoy a festive boat trip with Santa and your family and friends on the many waterways in the UK. Santa cruises will be taking place in Derbyshire, Sussex, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, London, North Yorkshire, Merseyside, Leeds and Gloucestershire.
- Santa Christmas Boat Trips – CHESTERFIELD, HOLLINGWOOD HUB, WORKSOP, RETFORD –
Chesterfield on the John Varley Trip boat - Sailing from Tapton Lock on the A61 at the Tesco roundabout on the 7th/8th, 14th/15th, 21st/22nd December. Contact: 01246 551035
Hollingwood Hub on the John Varley Trip boat - 23rd & 24th December. Contact: 01246 551035
Retford on the Seth Ellis boat - 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd December. Contact: 01246 477569
Worksop on the Hugh Henshall boat – 21st and 22nd December. Contact: 07925 851569
A special festive trip on the boat with Santa, includes a present for every child and mince pie and a drink for every adult. Cost: £6 Booking: Advanced booking is advisable. Details: Chesterfield Canal Trust website.
- Santa Cruises on the Wey & Arun Canal – SUSSEX - 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd December
A 40 minute trip with Santa on a festive canal boat, including a gift from Santa for children under 12 years and mince pies and mulled wine for adults. Cost: £9 each. Times: 11am, 12noon, 2pm. Booking: Advanced booking is advisable. Contact: 01403 752403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Trips depart behind the Onslow Arms at Loxwood, RH14 0RD. There will also be 50 minute boat trips on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Cost: £5 Adults/ £2.50 Children. Details: Wey and Arun Canal website.
- Visit Santa’s grotto in the Dudley Caverns – 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd December
Travel by boat on an illuminated journey to Santa’s grotto in the Dudley Caverns with gifts for the children, mince pies, refreshments and Christmas entertainment. Times: 10am until 5pm every 30 minutes.
Contact: 0121 5576265 Booking: Bookings can be made online and is advisable to book early
Location: Birmingham New Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 4SB. Details: Dudley Canal Trust website.
- River Weaver Santa Trips – CHESHIRE – 7TH, 8TH, 14TH, 15TH, 20TH, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December
Both Santa & Mrs Claus will come on board the Anderton with a special River cruise along the River Weaver Navigation. The cruise will last around 50 minutes where there will be stories and activities and a gift from Santa for every child. Times:10.30am – 3.30pm Contact: 01606 786777 Location: Anderton Boat Lift, Lift Lane, Anderton, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6FW Details: Canal & River Trust website.
- Take a boat trip on the canal with Santa – MERSEYSIDE – 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December - Take a festive boat trip on the canal with Santa, then follow him to his workshop where children will be told a tale and receive a present (refreshments included) Times: Three trips a day at 11:00, 12:45 and 14:30. Contact: 0151 355 5017 Location: S Pier Rd, Ellesmere Port, Merseyside, CH65 4FW Details: Canal & River Trust website.
- Santa boat trips at Thwaite Mills – LEEDS – 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th December
Trips by boat to get you and your family to see Santa in his grotto. Cost: £5 per child (but adults are free – maximum 2 per child) Booking: Advanced booking is advisable. Times: 10am, 11.30am and 1.30pm, the boat will be running from 10am every half hour. Contact: 07929072079 Location: Thwaite Mills, Stourton, LS10 1RP. Details: Canal & River Trust website.
- Santa Cruises at Gloucester Waterways Museum – GLOUCESTER - 7th, 8th, 14th – 24th December
A 45 minute canal cruise with children encouraged to sing Christmas songs and adults can enjoy a hot mince pie and refreshments. Cost: £8.50 for both children and adults, and include all day entry to the museum. Booking: Advanced booking is essential. Times: 12 noon, 1.30pm and 3pm each day. Contact: 01452 318200 Location: Gloucester Waterways Museum, Llanthony Warehouse, Gloucester Docks, Gloucester, GL1 2EH. Details: Canal & River Trust website.
- Christmas Santa Boat Trips – NORTH YORKSHIRE - 7th, 14th, 21st, 22nd December
The 30 minute boat trips will depart from Pennine Cruisers' yard and will travel down Springs Branch of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal, collecting Santa during the journey. Santa will then come aboard and give out Christmas treat bags to all the children. Cost: £5 per person. Booking: Advanced booking is essential. Times: 1pm, 1.45pm, 2.30pm. Contact: 01756 795478 Location: Pennine Cruisers, 19 Coach Street, Skipton, BD23 1LH (Opposite Coach Street car park) Details: Pennine Cruisers website.
- Hidden Depths Meet Santa Canal Cruises - LONDON – 21st – 23rd December 2013
A new trip boat company on the London canals running regular trips from Kings Cross to Camden and back. Meet Santa boat trip for all the family which will last approximately 45 minutes and depart from Kings Cross, going through Islington tunnel, turning at City Lock and returning through the tunnel to Kings Cross. The boat will be decorated and the boat will be steered by an elf. Cost: Adults £5, children £4 (3-15 years), seniors £4 (60+). Babies from 0- 2 are free but are counted amongst the 12 persons on board even if they sit on a lap. Booking: Advance booking required. The boat is an open, traditional looking narrowboat, but has transparent covers in the event of rain or snow. Contact: 0745 608 4584. Location: Kings Cross, Granary Building, canalside steps, N1C. Details: Hidden Depths website
- Join Santa on his Floating Grotto – 14th, 15th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December
Be part of a magical trip with Santa, with food and refreshments available and entertainment for the children such as face painting and cookie decorating. Times: 11am – 8pm and on Christmas Eve from 11am – 6pm.
Cost: £10.95 Contact: 08700 500208 Booking: Book online or by phone and is advisable to book early Location: The Falkirk Wheel, Lime Road, Tamfourhill, Falkirk, FK1 4RS
Details: The Falkirk Wheel website
Photo courtesy of Chesterfield Canal Trust