Navigation Lights and Signals
Lights - For everyone's safety, you should use full navigation lights at night on all waterways. White lights front and back; green light on the right side and red light on the left side.
Sound Signals (Rarely used and seldom understood)
- One short blast - I'm turning to the right.
- Two short blasts - I'm turning to the left.
- Three short blasts - I'm in reverse.
- Four short blasts - (followed by one, two or three blasts as above) - I'm about to alter course.
- Five short blasts - I have run aground.
- One long blast - Sound every 20 seconds when approaching blind spots, when approaching a lock or moveable bridge and requiring either to be opened, and when entering a tunnel