Most of the locks along the Northampton Arm were spruced up. From painting cill markings to strimming vegetation. As many as 17 volunteers were out at one of the work parties in October.
Some of the highlights included:
- Eight shopping trollies removed from beneath bridge 14
- 30 bags of rubbish collected
- Cills markings painted at Locks 1 to 6
- Locks 9 and 10 were given a new lick of paint
- At Locks 15 and 16, the lock bypass channels and weirs were cleared of vegetation.
- The lock island at Lock 17 was mowed, strimmed and litter picked