General Election - Don't Let Our Waterways Be Forgotten24 May 2017
This unexpected General Election is focusing, quite rightly, on important issues like Brexit, the NHS and social care but IWA will be making contact with the candidates to make sure that the future of our waterways remains on the government agenda.
IWA has now published its Waterway Manifesto and would like your help in asking our future Members of Parliament to pledge their support to the following issues:
• Ensure that legislation takes account of the enormous economic, social and health values of our waterways;
• Support the work of volunteers in restoring and regenerating our waterways;
• Press the new Government for implementation of the transfer of EA’s navigable waters to Canal & River Trust;
• Support initiatives for affordable moorings and affordable boating;
• Support local waterway groups in their constituency and get actively involved with the All Party Parliamentary Group for the Waterways.
Please ask your local candidates to back our campaigns, this link will take you to IWA's 2017 Manifesto.