Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a Government scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax paid on donations made to them.

Current rules allow IWA to claim back up to 25% extra on top of your donation – nearly every taxpayer qualifies.  All that is needed is that for each year you are a member of IWA or make a donation in our favour you must be paying Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax.  Your tax payments must be at least equal to the amount of tax IWA and any other charities to which you donate will reclaim.

If you pay Income or Capital Gains Tax Gift Aid can apply to your membership subscription and to any other donations you give to The Inland Waterways Association.  Gift Aid can be claimed on all donations made to IWA in the last four years.   

If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment Tax Return or by completing form P810 Tax Review, available from your Tax Office.  You could choose to make your refund a Gift Aid donation also.  

If you change address or things change and you no longer pay sufficient Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax, please let IWA know.  

If you are unsure if your donations qualify for Gift Aid just give the IWA Membership team a call on 01494 783453.  

Thank you for supporting IWA.


Companies which make donations to charity can reduce their liability for Corporation Tax through the use of the Gift Aid scheme.

Support Us


If you are a UK tax payer, you can increase the value of your donation or membership subscription by 25% with no extra cost to you.  Just complete and return the Gift Aid Declaration form below.

Gift Aid Declaration

You can either: