Milton Keynes Branch Social Secretary
IWA Milton Keynes Branch seeks a volunteer to take on the role of Social Secretary.
Role: The Social Secretary is responsible for organising and administrating execution of the Social Meetings programme, which runs from September to April. This involves:
- Confirming or finding a meeting venue, negotiating cost and booking dates.
- Finding speakers and negotiating their fees and expenses as well as briefing them re. venue and running time; establishing travel arrangements and audio-visual equipment requirements for speakers; offering to give a pre-talk meal to long distance speakers; welcoming, introducing and thanking speaker (plus follow up written thank-you); and maintaining speaker and historic programme records.
- Organising a Christmas Social for December – arranging catering, price, production and printing of tickets, sale of tickets and organising entertainment.
- Audio-visual equipment and Sound system – organising care, housing (Branch owned) and erection of required equipment for each meeting, as well as assisting speakers with their own equipment.
- Preparing a Press release of forward season’s programme for distribution to Towpath Telegraph editor, Waterways press, adjacent Branches and designated IWA staff.
Please note you must be an IWA member to take on this role.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please contact Branch Secretary Philip Strangeway at email@example.com.