Why should you volunteer with IWA? There are many answers to this question that range from environmental to personal benefits and much more. With a huge range of volunteering opportunities within IWA there'll always be something new to try whilst directly helping to maintain and promote our waterways - making us a great organisation to get involved with.
Volunteering with us:
• Directly benefits the waterways and wider environment.
• Contributes towards the preservation of our heritage.
• Gives you the chance to meet new people.
• Provides opportunities to learn new skills.
• Looks great on a CV.
• Is safe, with equipment and insurance provided.
• And most importantly – is fun!
Still unsure? There is plenty more information to look at including IWA's Volunteers on the Waterways Briefing Note, Volunteer FAQs and a list of available roles to get a better idea of what you could find yourself doing.
IWA wouldn't be able to carry out such important work without the time and effort generously given by our volunteers. To show our appreciation we present a variety of awards annually. Visit our National Awards page to see who has won in the past and find out how to nominate an individual who you think has made a significant contribution to IWA's work.