IWA is excited to launch its new Waterways in Progress Grant offering an organisation(s) up to £100,000 to assist in funding a project(s) which promotes all of the Waterways in Progress values. The grant will be funded from IWA legacies.
Whether that is supporting the creation of a waterside community hub, enhancing and celebrating the built and natural heritage of an area, or even giving unemployed youngsters the skills and training to get jobs.
The successful project(s) must deliver on one or more of the key themes of the Waterways in Progress Report:
• Channelling regeneration
• Promoting personal development & wellbeing
• Creating Community Spaces
• Enhancing heritage and habitats
The grant will not necessarily fund more miles – it is focused on the wider benefits a waterway restoration project can bring - but it will bring opportunities for the successful project(s) to create partnerships, engage communities and key stakeholders, as well as keeping their project moving forward.
Up to £100,000. It will either be given to one project, or split across several projects. There is no minimum amount you can apply for.
What we want to fund:
• We want to fund a project or projects that add(s) value to a waterway restoration straight away.
• The project must deliver on one or more of the key themes of Waterways in Progress.
• Project must not have started yet but must have a realistic chance of completion by end of 2021.
• ‘Expressions of Interest’ Application by 16th August 2019.
• Panel Review - end of August/early September
• Development Phase Plan for Shortlisted Applications - October
• Awarding of Grant - December
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 16th August.
If you have any queries please contact Jenny Morris/ 01494 783 453 ext 611.
IWA Chairman Kent & East Sussex Branch
WRG Chairman/IWA Trustee
Strategy & Governance, Sustrans
Owner Shire Cruisers