The IWA West Riding Branch are always willing to welcome new people and ideas to the team.
Here are some of our ideas for how you could get involved:
- Protect the waterways: Scanning and responding to planning applications that impact the waterways or liaising with navigation authorities to ensure quality navigation is maintained
- Organise walks or talks: Show off waterways in the area, bring together people with shared interests and raise awareness of issues for the waterways
- Take on a project: Visitor moorings, water points, canoe trail, walking trail, re-opening towing paths or something else?
- Help with events: Transporting IWA kit to/from events, setting up/taking down event stands or talking to the public about the waterways in the area, IWA and branch activities
- Co-ordinate the branch's activities: Plan the year ahead with the branch committee, build relationships with others and make a difference locally
However you choose to get involved you'll be supported in your role by IWA branch members, staff, guidance and resources.
If you'd like to chat through how you could help out please get in touch: email@example.com